Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Frank: RIP Jason Sandbach

Half of you guys probably won't even know what i'm about to talk about...

But for those of you who do...here i go:

Jen and I were listening to Texas Tracks last night and the music that was on was catchy...we kept looking at eachother. I said, "I bet that's like Protein Shake or Drughoney..."

She said, "Yeeeaaah"

Then Randy Bonillas comes on and makes an announcment that literally nearly took the breath from my lungs...

"A tribute to the late Jason Sandbach..."

I couldn't fucking believe it. Jen and i were shocked...and for the rest of the night...we pretty much just thought about him.

Apparently, he passed on February 4th. The fact that i found out last night makes me feel horrible. All of us are so busy...we hardly keep up with what's going on.

So i'm gonna share a few memories with you....

I'm remember Jason from back in 1999...right when Protein Shake was getting rolling...I remember meeting Jason at those booking parties that the White Rabbit use to have. We'd always share a beer...smile...say hi...and just catch up with what's been going on.

Sharing the stage with these guys was always intense. Jason had such a stage presence that would always just blow you away. I remember how he had to manage two bands...Protein Shake and Drughoney. I then remember hearing about Forever Is Never and thinkin..."man, how does this guy do it?"

Anyway...i know this is going every which way...but i just have a bunch of thoughts on my mind...

Jason was humble as well. Always pleasant to talk to...I'm just glad that i can say that we knew him. He had such an impact on the local music scene. We pretty much lost touch when AK broke up in 2002. We weren't doing anything so none of us were out on the scene that much. In fact...it was next to nothing as far as appearances are concerned.

We never heard of what happend to his bands and his music career again...until lastnight...

He will surely be missed.

He is survived by his wife, daughter and a brand new baby boy that was born February 12th...

May you rest in peace and my God give your family the strength to get thru these hard times.

With lots of AK love,

Dave, Jen, Frank and ERK

ps: PLEASE GO TO THE BENEFIT & MEMORIAL SHOW AT THE WHITE RABBIT ON FEBRUARY 19TH. GO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR A GREAT MAN!!!!